Allan Kirk

Montgey, Essex

After training to teach, I taught Art in secondary school for five years before following a career in computing. I continued painting at every opportunity exploring oils, acrylics, pastel and crayons before finding my passion for watercolour impressionism, pencil and ink drawing. I moved permanently to France in January 2008 to launch Tarnincolour Painting Holidays. I have also written two books on sketchin "Sketchin on the Go", which I sell via Amazon to customers from all over the world. October 2011 I was invited to Canada to demonstrate for the Federation of Canadian Artists and tutor watercolour and pen and wash workshops for The Coast Collective - Victoria BC, and for artist, Sam Boehner. The workshops were a huge success and I have returned to Canada on several occasions to work in Vancouver, Calgary, Victoria and Qualicum Beach. I have also given workshops in Provence and Murcia. Once a year, I return to UK for  a schedule of workshops and demonstrations. I have contributed articles to SAA Paint magazine, Artist & Illustrators magazine and watercolorpainting.com

Awards

In 2005 I won the Soreze painters in the streets competition. In 2008 I won the St Julia painters in the streets competition.2012 Won the watercolour prize at Paleville Exhibition.2014 won "Les Pinceax de Cocagne" sketchbook competition http: