David Capon

Chania, Crete, Apokorona

I live in North Western Crete near the north coast. I am a professional artist, tutor and demonstrator.
I provide teaching in most media and have weekly workshops in Plaka. I run painting holidays here on the island - any time of the year can be arranged. One-to-one tuition is also available.
Commissions are important and I will price for almost any subject.
I work in oil and acrylic for most of my paintings but also enjoy watercolour and pastel. I teach all media and subjects.
I work on various subjects to enable me to sell to a wider audience. However, my main paintings are of local scenery and life - especially with the coast, traditional villages and the magnificent White Mountains nearby. Main commission subjects include pet portraits and local scenery.
I also provide a framing service.
My studio at Aspro (near Gavalohori) is open most days (phone first) and I will probably be painting or framing while listening to Radio Caroline.

Media

Acrylics, Drawing, Gouache, Mixed Media, Oil, Oil pastel, Pastel, Pen And Ink, Pen And Wash, Pencil/Charcoal, Water soluble pastels, Watercolour, Watercolour Pencil

Subjects

Abstract or Experimental, Animal or Wildlife, Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portrait or Figure, Still Life, Townscape or Streetscene