Gaynor M Perkins ( Goffe)

Ely, Cambridgeshire

I am a well-known professional calligrapher, and teacher,  trained at Reigate School of Art & Design ( Surrey Diploma in Art & Design), followed by 3 years as assistant to calligrapher Donald Jackson. I am a Fellow of the Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society and the Society of Scribes & Illuminators, and an elected member of Letter Exchange.

I have taught widely for over 30 years, including in the U.S.andJapan as well as Europe., and taught calligraphy at  Roehampton University for 16 years, and at Reigate School of Art & Design. I teach weekend and longer courses at various residential centres in England ( for details please see website www.gaynorgoffe-calligraphy.co.uk ) and offer one-day workshops at home near Ely, Cambs, and at Flatford Mill, Suffolk, and offer  calligraphy correspondence courses. I also teach pastel pet portraits at home. I have written 2 books : Calligraphy Made Easy and Calligraphy Step-by - Step . I work to commission for calligraphy and pastel pet portraits, as well as teach, and am anexaminer for the Calligraphy & Lettering Arts Society Diplomas.

Awards

Awarded Lifetime Achievement Award by the Calligrpahy & Letterng Arts Society in 2000