Georgina Rambton

Beaumaris, Anglesey

I have taught painting and textiles since leaving Uni in 1984, as well as being a succesful freelance textile designer and painter. I exhibit regularly and have shown my work in USA, Europe and UK. I have a vibrant spacious studio in North Wales where I hold regular painting workshops for adults and mentoring children who are particularly gifted in art and design.
I taught at many Universities and colleges throughout the north west, from foundation to BSC and BA level in the area of woven textiles and printed textiles. I produced many ranges of cloth for manufacturers. In the past 20 years Ive gone on to show my work at Country living, Grand designs, and many other county fairs.
I love teaching and my speciality is painting in Gouache and watercolour for landscape or plant portraits. Ive used Gouache for over 20 years as my main medium and have vast knowledge of its versatility and effects from marbling to flat colour work to using it as watercolour.
I am at my best when I am encouraging others to explore painting and starting beginners painting, I love seeing learners opening up to something new and surprising themselves because they thought they couldnt paint or draw. I am patient and empathetic in my approach to my own practice and showing others how to tap into the same creative field we all share.

Awards

BA Hons. Foundation Art Therapy.