Irene Hilsdon

BEDLINGTON, Northumberland

I was born in North Shields, Northumberland and was originally inspired to take up painting by my father Larry Bedigan who loved painting in watercolour.  He mostly painted landscapes and various views from the River Tyne.  I have painted a number of ‘Local Scenes’ but prefer to paint people, animals, birds and flowers. I joined the Women’s Royal Air Force in 1972 and moved to Cornwall.  There I met my husband Bob and after spending 30 years moving from place to place, we returned ‘home’ to the North East in 2002. I have lived in Shilbottle since 2002 with my husband Bob.  Our children, Andrew and Michelle still live in Essex and London. Bob decided to go on a picture framing course when we moved back to Northumberland and he now has his own Picture Framing business.  (This is a great bonus to someone who paints as he mounts and frames all my pictures). I started painting in 1995 where I attended a watercolour class in Southend on Sea, Essex.  Most of the pictures I produced were given to friends and family. I now enjoy using different mediums, including oils, ink and occasionally acrylics, however I mostly work in pastels and pastel pencils as I find these work well for my style of painting especially birds and animals. I have painted a number of children’s and pet’s portraits and am happy to take commissions for these. I now give demonstrations and workshops in pastel for groups and I also  teach watercolour to beginners in Shilbottle at the new Community Hall.  For more info please phone (01670) 530497 or 07792013167e-mail [email protected] please visit my website  www.IreneHilsdonArt.co.uk

Media

Acrylics, Oil, Pastel, Pen And Ink, Pen And Wash, Watercolour

Subjects

Animal or Wildlife, Flowers or Gardens, Portrait or Figure

Tuition