Jane Stewart

READING, Berkshire

I have loved to draw and paint since I was a child. After training in graphic design and illustration at Suffolk College for three years, I spent two years working in publishing and reprographics, producing camera-ready artwork. Then came a change of direction, helping other people in various settings to make art in Suffolk and later Berkshire while continuing to take private commissions. A four-year training in Integrative Arts Psychotherapy enabled me to explore different media and subjects while learning how to help others use art to express the unsayable.
Nowadays my favourite media are pencil and acrylics. Some of my work is about seeing the ephemeral in the landscape, and some is about exploring characters and ideas from SF and fantasy. Pagan tradition and mythology provide a framework and a starting point for ideas. I have always been drawn to liminal spaces (headlands are a favourite!) and enjoy making work that speaks to people both within and outside the Pagan and SF/Fantasy Genre communities.
I continue to take private commissions and have exhibited work in Reading, Glastonbury, Belfast (Titancon), Manchester (Eastercon), London and Spain. So far, my paintings have found new homes in the UK, the USA and Canada. In June of 2019 I was lucky enough to see my first solo exhibition at Angles of Art in Reading. I live and work in Reading, with my partner, our cat and an ex polo pony called Lenny. Being in Nature and being around horses continues to ground, nurture and inspire me.
You can currently find my work on DeviantArt, NuMonday and Etsy under ArtEpona, as well as at the Abbey Muse Art Gallery in Glastonbury and at festivals and media conventions throughout the year in the UK.

Media

Acrylics, Drawing

Subjects

Animal or Wildlife, Fantasy, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portrait or Figure

Favoured Products & Brands

Winsor & Newton, Loxley