Jean Ross

Camborne, Cornwall

fb @Artistjeanross
insta #artistjeanross
I work in many different media including pastel, oil, watercolour, acrylic, ink and encaustic wax. I have a studio in the South of France and also in Cornwall where I can often be found sketching on the beaches where the light is clear and the sea sparkles. I love to paint light, particularly the light at the seaside; it reflects off so many different surfaces. I have had several solo exhibitions at St Ives Arts Club where I used to run weekly life drawing classes. During one of my exhibitions there, a lovely customer announced, "You are a painter of light!” I have never forgotten that and try to make it my goal. I have exhibited in The National Gallery in Edinburgh and The Mall Galleries in London. I will be exhibiting with The Society of Women Artists this month until December. I am an advanced skills teacher in art and Professional Associate and tutor for the SAA.

Media

Acrylic Inks, Acrylics, Coloured pencils, Drawing, Mixed Media, Oil, Oil pastel, Pastel, Pen And Ink, Pen And Wash, Pencil/Charcoal, Water soluble pastels, Watercolour, Watercolour Pencil

Tuition