Joanne Boon Thomas

Ormskirk, Lancashire

Joanne Boon Thomas. www.artbyboon.co.uk Artist. Tutor. Demonstrator. I live in Wigan, Lancashire. I have always loved to paint, draw, create. I feel the need to paint every day. For me the qualities I am looking for in a great piece of work are good composition, harmonious colour, interesting textures and a quality of light. I am a great believer in painting 'Plein air' I love nothing better than to be on site collecting ideas and reference that I can use to create paintings from. I find watercolour ideal for capturing the transparent effects of light and mood, it can be exciting yet unpredictable. This all adds to the excitement, the challenge I suppose is part of the attraction. I am lucky enough to make a living from my art teaching Watercolour Workshops, demonstrating to art groups, private tuition, painting holidays and regularly organise sketching/painting days out. I run several exhibitions a year for myself and other artists. I also write articles for The Leisure Painter Magazine. I take great pleasure in encouraging and motivating others, revealing the secrets of creating exciting watercolour paintings. Joanne has recently released her first instructional watercolour DVD 'Expressive Watercolour Florals' details can be found via the following link. http://www.watercoloursecrets.com/florals You will also find video demonstrations by Joanne through ArtTutor.com See My Events/My Tuition for further details of workshops and painting holidays or check out my website at www.artbyboon.co.uk

Be inspired... Keep creating Click to watch a short overview designed to showcase a snapshot of the artist’s individual style and techniques in action.

Media

Drawing, Mixed Media, Pen And Ink, Pen And Wash, Pencil/Charcoal, Watercolour

Subjects

Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portrait or Figure, Still Life, Townscape or Streetscene