John Birch

Whitby, North Yorkshire

My name is John A Birch
I am a professional Artist living in Whitby, North Yorkshire.
I am mainly self taught; though regularly attend colleague's causes to sharpen up my own techniques and share my own experience with others. I have painted for many years building up a substantial portfolio.
I exhibit in Whitby, Ilkley, West Yorkshire at the Art Loft and at the Art Bat in Stoke-on-Trent.
I have recently gained Membership of the 'Pastel Guild of Europe', I am a member of 'The Oil Pastel Society', a Member of The Chinese Brush Painters Society (UK) and a Professional Associate of the SAA.
I paint what I see and feel,
I work mainly in pastels, both soft and oil, but also enjoy producing works in acrylics, watercolour and mixed media.
Living in the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors, with rocky coastline to complement the rugged splendour of the Moorland, subject matter is of the very best.
I love nothing more than relaxing with a set of pastels and capturing forever an idea on paper. Anything inspires me;
I like to paint expressively and see things from a slightly unusual angle. I have recently been pushing the limits of Oil Pastel, as a medium, for creating drama and emotion in my paintings I tend to paint what appeals to me, in a way that I see the subject. I paint because I love to paint; my greatest enjoyment is seeing others enjoy my work. If someone can see, even just for a moment, what I have seen my art has come through.
I am a member of ' The Pastel Guild of Europe',

Media

Acrylics, Drawing, Mixed Media, Oil pastel, Pastel, Pencil/Charcoal, Water soluble pastels, Watercolour, Watercolour Pencil

Subjects

Abstract or Experimental, Animal or Wildlife, Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portrait or Figure, Still Life, Townscape or Streetscene

Awards

I am a Member of The Pastel Guild of Europe and a Member of The Oil Pastel Society