John Harris

Retford, Nottinghamshire

Born in Yorkshire and married to fellow artist Bonita Ferguson-Harris B.A.Hons(Fine Art) and known by many as Jon & Bon now living with their two sons in Nottinghamshire. I have been a professional artist for 40yrs and have had many fantastic experiences painting many subjects around the world. In the early years I worked for publishing companies and had many unusual commissions from paintings of Jaffa Cakes for adverisers to book jackets for publishers, along with copies of old Masters for insurance companies, infact at the end of it I have ended up with over 2000 images on books, greetings cards and prints. 18 years ago I met my wife and the two of us have concentrated more on Fine Art and we now have originals in private collections and galleries in the USA China South Africa Ireland Russia Germany France Japan and many other countries. Ten years ago we started to appear on television demonstrating painting techniques and have made a series of Instructional DVDs and have written instructional books. As a result of that exposure I currently travel around the country demonstrating painting techniques to groups and societies and also hosting painting workshops.

Media

Acrylics, Drawing, Oils, Pastel, Watercolour Pencil

Subjects

Animal or Wildlife, Flower, Landscapes, Waterscene; Boats or Seascape

Awards

Havent submitted much to exhibitions surprisngly enough although I did get an award and title as the best Wildlife Painting in Wales by the Black sheep gallery.