Kerri-ann Briggs

Seaton, Lincolnshire

I am an art graduate, TV demonstrator and arts & crafts centre owner based in Seaton, Devon. I also have an open studio and courtyard adjoining the shop. After 10 years in the craft and design industry I decided to move more towards the art sector and hope to develop as an artist with the help of the SAA. 
I finished my art and design focused open degree in 2017 and have since attended as many different courses as possible held by artists I admire so I can to absorb as much information as possible whilst also developing my skills and personal style. 
I enjoy working mainly in a loose or abstract styles using techniques that I have developed over the years to create 'backgrounds' in my craft work. These techniques I have come to learn work really well in my artwork too so I love to share them with those attending my classes. This year i have also signed up to a Botanical Illustration diploma to further develop my fine art skills. 
I have always had a passion for all things botanical, so most of my artwork has a floral feel to it. As a keen photographer I take a lot of photos when out and about at nature reserves and gardens, I then use the photos to guide my work. 
Thank you for taking an interest in my work, if ever you are in Seaton, Devon and would like to pop by to my open studio you are very welcome. 

Media

Acrylic Inks, Alcohol Inks, Brusho, Drawing, Gouache, Mixed Media, Pen And Ink, Pen And Wash, Watercolour

Subjects

Abstract or Experimental, Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Waterscene; Boats or Seascape

Awards

BA Open Degree focused on Art & Design modules. Certified SN Colourist. Currently studying for a diploma in Botanical Illustration via London Art College.