Lesley Linley

Nottingham, Essex

Derbyshire Artist. Born in Derbyshire, I lived and worked there until I moved to the Isle of Skye in 2004. My home and, eventually, my studio, were close to the Cuillin hills, with panoramic views and plenty of inspiration. The landscape and waterfalls of Skye became my speciality; I'm now exploring the same subject matter 'south of the border', having moved back to Derbyshire. Some paintings remain with Skyeworks and SkyeMakers Galleries on Skye, and I have a small number at Leabrooks Arts Complex and at Cromford Gallery.  A painting selected was selected for, and sold at, the Harley Open at Welbeck and I have a Highly Commended in The Artist Category of TALP 2019
I paint in transparent watercolour, avoiding body colour and masking fluid, and often using numerous glazes so my work is labout intensive.
I'm an SAA PA, with many years experience of teaching Adult Community Education and my own classes. Details of classes and workshops can be found under 'Tuition'; these are normally structured and booking is essential. I take no more than 10 students per session. If you have specific requests for dates/locations please contact me.
I featured in Issue One of Skye Makers (available from Skye Makers Gallery or website) which features artists/makers of Skye, their work and their 'stories', and in Issue 9, June 2017 of Paint & Draw. I exhibited at Patchings Festival in 2017, 2018 and will be there again in 2019. 
I am currently working in a book about painting in watercolour with Search Press.

facebook @PaintSkye twitter @LesleyLinleyArt