Mr Ince

Totland Bay, Isle of Wight

My name is Murray William Cole Ince I am 62 years old and live in Totland Bay here on the beautiful Isle of Wight with Cynthia my wife of 42 years. I was a furniture maker/designer by trade so had always drawn. Twenty five years ago I put down my tools and picked up a paint brush and have been painting virtually non-stop ever since. I had taught many apprentices in the furniture industry and had taken some coaching courses for youth football and so was used to teaching, after fine tuning my own painting techniques I took a teaching qualification, did an A level in Art and Design to see art from a student point of view and have been teaching ever since. I have taught for the local Isle of Wight College in the Adult Education department. I have tutored painting experiences at Warner Leisure's Norton Grange in Yarmouth. I teach small groups and on a one to one basis in my home studio. I demonstrate various mediums and subjects for art groups, tutor painting holidays with ALPHA and UpTrek in the UK and on the Continent. I am a featured artist with Winsor and Newton and a product ambassador. I tutor two art groups here on the Isle of Wight and am the artist promoting the Artisan oils in the 'Home Shop' catalogue, I write regularly for Leisure Painter' and most recently have founded the 'Society of Painters in Water-Mixable Oils'. All in all this keeps me pretty busy!

Media

Acrylics, Drawing, Gouache, Oils, Pastel, Pen And Ink, Pencil/Charcoal, Watercolour

Subjects

Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portraiture, Seascape, Still Life, Townscape or Streetscene

Favoured Products & Brands

Winsor and Newton
Artisan Water-Mixable Oils

Awards

Twice winner of the 'Light, Space & Time' Landscape Painter of the Year award 2016 and again in 2019.

Highly Commended in the SAA's 'Artist Of The Year' 2012 competition (professional section) for my pastel painting 'Yarmouth From Norton Point'