Sally Evans

Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Painting, drawing and writing have been passions of mine from an early age and I'm sure will provide a life long challenge! I studied Art A level at school and gained a BA Hons. Degree in Textile Design at Leeds University ( a long time ago! ) Since then, art has been a hobby fitted around a full time career in sport ( another passion but mainly as a spectator now!) Joining the SAA a few years ago encouraged me to pursue watercolour painting. Although it is probably the most challenging and unforgiving medium, I love it as it captures the light so beautifully. My subjects include animal portraits, wildlife, still life, landscapes and seascapes. 

I run watercolour workshops for beginners and intermediate painters throughout the year.

My book - Reflections on a Secret Pond, is a journey into the beauty of nature. Just before my mum died, I discovered a pond whilst walking my dogs in the local countryside. It was a very spiritual place! I also have a pond in my own garden and spend leisure time watching the wildlife especially the newts and dragonflies. It was here that I felt inspired to write and illustrate this book. I hope you enjoy the illustrations in my SAA gallery and on my personal website www.emperorbooksandart.com

Media

Pastel, Pen And Wash, Pencil/Charcoal, Watercolour

Subjects

Animal or Wildlife, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portrait or Figure

Awards

Artist of the Year 2013 - Commended