Sheena Phillips

Haddington, East Lothian

SHEENA PHILLIPS

Brought up in Ayrshire, I gained my Diploma at Edinburgh College of Art. I was Craftsman in Residence in Linlithgow then worked as a furniture designer until I decided to return to painting with a move to East Lothian.
I love landscape with big skies and mountains but also cities and buildings. The effects of light on water and land fascinate me. Luckily I live in a country which provides me with both.
I prepare sketches en plein air where possible. Otherwise it is in the shelter of the car. I then work up the paintings in the studio.

Apart from exhibiting in galleries in Scotland I accept commissions from firms, councils and individuals.  Work can be found throughout the year in Greens and Blues,N Berwick Colinton Arts and The Stick Gallery, Edinburgh. 
I have had work accepted by the Royal Institute of Painters in Watercolour, RSW, the Aberdeen Artists Society and the Discerning Eye, London.
I am pleased that I continue to show in the Royal Scottish Society of watercolour Painters. 
I have tutored workshops and classes for over 10 years privately and with East Lothian Council.
I have been asked to Kirkcaldy Fife, Brodick Arran, Haddington, Whitekirk, North Berwick East Linton, East Lothian and Galasheils in the Borders and the north of England.  These have been a mixture of demonstrations and workshops.

In each of my 10 week classes I give a demonstration at some point in the class with time for questions, answers and a look at different techniques.

Awards

Diploma of Art (upgraded to BA Hons) Edinburgh College of ArtWinner of The River Tyne Drawing Competition