Sophia Flowers

Newport, Isle of Wight

Art is my love and my passion.  I love colour & my inspiration comes from nature. To watch the seasons in their many cloaks of colour is a joy. I work with many mediums, but do have a particular love for oils & acrylic simply because they are rich and vibrant.

I have always been creative & nothing gave me greater joy than spending hours & hours as a child drawing and painting. This love of creation continued throughout my education and it was the intention to go into art college, but life took hold and events changed taking me in a different direction.

I worked as a PA in an International & European Department. The interaction with people all over the world gave me the impetus to travel overseas myself. This resulted in me living & working overseas for a period of 4 years in countries such as Israel, New Zealand and India.  In fact, travelling is in my blood and I have visited many countries in my life.   I love the diversity of different cultures; the colour & flamboyancy. This, together with my love of walking, certainly influences my artwork. The incredible landscapes witnessed, from deserts to panoramic views from mountain tops, impacted the most wonderful images to the eye.

It wasn't until I travelled to France and attended art classes teaching a wet-on-wet oil technique that art once more came to the foreground of my life - it felt like I'd returned home. I was inspired by the vibrant colours, together with their flexibility and ease of movement on the canvas and started to paint with zest. I now regularly display my artwork and clients have purchased pieces as far afield as Australia and France. In addition, I love passing on this joy of painting to others through teaching and give individual tuition and work with groups from the Isle of Wight and throughout the UK.  I regularly give demonstrations.  This year, I organised a Painting Holiday in the middle of the French countryside with luxurious accommodation, inspirational views and great food - it was magical.  We now have the next one organised for 13th to 20th June 2015 at the same location.

I never know where my work will take me.  This year has been incredible so far in terms of commission work and this has expanded to incorporate my experience in interior design and feng shui.  With an eye for colour schemes I have been able to use my skills and expertise to bring customer's homes and businesses to life.  Efficient and conscientious, you are in capable hands when discussing ideas and concepts.  So, whether it be adding a new piece of artwork to your environment and/or making changes to it, I am capable of meeting your requriements.

Be inspired... Keep creating Click to watch a short overview designed to showcase a snapshot of the artist’s individual style and techniques in action.

Media

Acrylics, Oil

Subjects

Abstract or Experimental, Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene