1st March 2018 (Version 1)
1. About this policy
2. About us
The SAA is the trading name of Teaching Art Ltd. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 1976314, and our registered office is at Mayfield & Co, 2 Merus Court, Meridian Business Park, Leicester, LE19 1RJ.
3. How to contact us
To contact us, please write to our principal office at The SAA, PO Box 50, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG23 5GY, or e-mail us at [email protected]
4. What types of data we hold about you
The data and information we hold and process about you consists of the following:
a. Information about you:
b. Information relating to your orders
c. Your activity online
d. Administration Information
e. Technical information when you visit our website
5. How we obtain your data
We obtain your data through a variety of means, including:
a. Forms you fill in / data you provide.
b. Other information you supply
c. Generated Information
d. Technical Information
6. What we use your data for
We use your data for the following operational purposes:-
a. Operate and improve our website
b. Supply of goods and services
c. Provision of membership accounts
d. Run events, schemes etc.
e. General administration
f. Marketing e-mails and communications We will also use your data to send you marketing materials and newsletters relating to our website, products, services and events, but only where you have consented to this through the appropriate setting in your website account, and you have not withdrawn your consent. You may change your consent by adjusting the appropriate setting or informing us through our contact details in this policy. g. Data we hold on you is done so on our secure computer servers. We hold this data to ensure that we are able to manage your account and provide details to you on previous purchases, wishlist items and your account preferences. If you require us to remove this information, please see section 11.
7. Who we disclose your data to a. Public Data Where, as part of the functionality of our website or as part of any service, competition, or event we provide or run, it is envisaged that certain of your data will be made available to the public in general, or to other members, then we may make that data available on such basis. For example, your forum posts, elements of your profile and professional-artist information, your galleries, tuition etc, may be made public. We will make it clear to you in our website, or in our communications with you, which elements of your data will be made available in this way. If our website settings allow you to control what elements of your data are made public, then we will honour the settings that you select. b. Our contractors and suppliers Where we use third parties to provide or supply any part of our website or any goods, services, events, insurance or other things, or to enforce or administer any contracts or terms, then we may provide your data to them as reasonably required for those purposes, including to the suppliers from whom we obtain our goods, our delivery agents, payment processors, and insurers. Your data may be held by them as data processor on our behalf, in which case we will remain the data controller, and your data will only be held and used by them on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and this policy. Your data will also only be held or as long as it is required to undertake their services, after which time it will be securely removed from their systems. In some cases, your data may need to be provided to them to be used by them for their own purposes, as data controller, where this is reasonably necessary, for the purposes of provision of any goods, services, insurance, event etc. by them. In such case, they should inform you separately that they are holding your data as data controller. c. Legal requirements We may supply your data to a government authority where required to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, or where reasonably required to protect your vital interests. d. Claims handling We may disclose your identity to any third party who is making any claim against us in relation to any of your data that you have posted or uploaded to our website, including where it is claimed to breach their rights or privacy.
In its capacity of providing customer services, Parcelhub Limited (PHL) will on behalf of SAA process information provided to it directly by you in order to respond to your specific enquiry.
In order to be able to respond to and fully handle customer service queries placed by The SAA customers, PHL is in addition supplied with access to the original purchase information of all orders including personal data, consisting of name and address, telephone number, email address, item purchased and price paid, and any delivery instructions provided. No financial information about you is supplied. This data is held and accessed on a Legitimate Interests basis in order to assist with the successful delivery of your order and also to assist you with any questions you submit regarding that. We access this information as a data Controller for customer service reasons only where necessary and no access is made to, or use made of, information outside this.
Unit 6, Road No. 2
Colwick Quays Business Park
Distribution Centre: Parcelhub Limited
Little Tennis Street South
International: +44 (0)1159 503 018
Freephone 0808 168 6013
Your data may be accessed and used for the following reasons:
– If the tracking information relating to your order indicates a delivery problem, we may use your address information to research and provide additional information pertinent to locating your address to the delivery company to successfully complete delivery.
– If there is a possibility that your order is lost, we may be asked by the delivery company for a description of a parcel and its contents to aid with locating it. If so, we will obtain this information from your original purchase record and provide it to the delivery company.
– If you contact SAA customers by email or other enquiry regarding the delivery of your order, we will use any data you supply to us in the course of that enquiry in order to assist with your requests and communicate with you regarding them.
– If you contact SAA by email or other enquiry regarding other matters such as product details, we will pass your enquiry to SAA to handle and take no further action with any data provided therein.
Communications with you and with delivery companies regarding your order, which may contain personal data, are recorded within PHL’s ticketing system. This information is anonymised 30 days after the conclusion of the process.
The information which we can access regarding you is held on SAA systems as outlined in their full privacy notice.
Additionally as a Processor of your data relating to SAA original shipping request, PHL will act according to the requirements of SAA (the data Controller) according to the terms of this processing agreement in its handling of your data: https://www.parcelhub.co.uk/data-processing-agreement/ This will include the passing of your data essential to the delivery of your order to the relevant shipping partner.
Data subjects have certain statutory rights, with which Parcelhub Limited are fully compliant, namely:
1. The right to be informed. We will tell you how we use and store your data (in this Privacy Notice and in the Data Policy available on our website), and will inform you if this changes in any way.
2. The right of access. You have the right to access any record we have of your personal data to verify that we are using it lawfully. Should you wish to do so, you can submit a ‘Subject Access Request’ to us.
3. The right to rectification. You should tell us if we hold any inaccurate or outdated information about you, and we undertake to correct it accordingly.
4. The right to erasure. You can require us to delete any personal data we hold about you, either in some of the ways listed above or by contacting us.
5. The right to restrict processing. As this notice outlines, we only use your data in very limited ways. If however, you would like us to keep your data but change the ways in which we use it, you can contact us to request this.
6. The right to data portability. If you wish us to provide you or another company with a copy of the information we hold about you, you have the right to request that we do so.
7. The right to object. Similarly to some of the above rights, you have the right to object to certain usages of your data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if you dispute our Legitimate Interests as stated above. Again, you should contact us should you wish to do so.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. We do not conduct this sort of activity in relation to your data.
9. The right to complain to a supervisory authority. If you are unhappy with how we are processing your data, you can lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk).
In any case listed above where you are required to contact us, or with any other queries about our use and storage of your data, please email or write to us using the below details.
James Rhodes, Data Protection Officer, [email protected]
Parcelhub Limited, Unit 6, Colwick Quays Business Park, Nottingham, NG4 2JY, United Kingdom
10. Cookies that we use
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
15. Meaning of words we use in this policy In this policy:
Copyright 2018, The SAA