Tiffany Budd

Dorking, Surrey

I am an artist working mainly in pastels,acrylics and collage. I studied at Wimbledon School of Art and University of Plymouth. My primary subjects are floral studies, and I have also been developing a ew style of painting, which I call Fractured. It is inspired by the Russian Constructivists and Cubism. I have been painting for over 20 years, and professionally for almost 15, developing my own unique style. The website will show you the variety of themes I have worked with. Originally a textile designer, I produced some successful fabric and wallpaper collections. This gave me an understanding of the commercial market, and an awareness on current trends and styles. I now work directly with my clients creating unique pieces of art for room schemes and public areas. I had my first solo show called Expressions at The Dittons Library Gallery in Thames Ditton. I had another show in March My art has also been displayed at the Llewellyn Alexander Gallery in London at the popular Not the Summer Exhibition show. I was also one of the best selling artists at CJS Art Gallery in Surbiton. I was elected a member if The National Acrylic Painters Association, and I exhibited at The Mariners Gallery, St Ives in November 2005.In the 2006 St Ives exhibition, I won a Highly Commended award for the contemporary painting Harbour Life, it sold the same day! I was published with Schmidt & Co, which sold 20 paintings in the form of prints. I have had work published with Bentley, an American based company, and am represented by Image By Design who sell prints of my work all over the world. I work with Fiesta Collectables, who reproduce my artwork onto ceramic tiles. I worked with Marks and Spencers creating a wall art collection for their major stores back in 2006. I have had my Fractured drawing of St Pauls Cathedral used on the front of Derwents pastel tin, and also 3 drawings on the front of Derwents Coloursoft Pencil Tin. I work very closely with Derwent and help test their products. I am now proud to be a Derwent Ambassador, championing their products. In February 2011, Derwent released a new Coloursoft Collection tin, where three of my drawings are on the front of the tin. I now also have my work on the Derwent Academy pencil tin. I am a member of the UKCPS, where I am now a Gold member, and the Hilliard Miniature Society.
In October 2013, I entered the Caran D'Ache Museum Aquarelle art competition. I have been selected as one of the 3 finalists from over 200 entries. I came second and Caran D'Ache also purchased both of my entries. I have exhibited at Denbies Wine Estate Art Gallery in Surrey 5 times with my own solo show .
I also take part in Surrey Open Studios in June each year. In 2022 I was accepted into the Pastel Society's Annual exhibition at the Mall Galleries, London and also the Royal Miniature Society at the same venue.
In May 2022 I won the Small Business Sunday award chosen by Dragon's Den and Ryman owner, Theo Paphitis. In June 2023 I was second in the Dorking Banner Competition, where my work was printed onto a banner, hung from two lamp posts in Dorking high street.

Media

Acrylics, Coloured pencils, Mixed Media, Pastel, Watercolour Pencil

Subjects

Abstract or Experimental, Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portrait or Figure, Still Life, Townscape or Streetscene

Favoured Products & Brands

Derwent Lightfast Pencils

Derwent Inktense blocks and pencils

Derwent Chromaflow

Awards

Degree Show Somerset College of Arts & Technology July 1995.

New Graduate Art Show Business Design Centre, Islington, London Sept 1995.

Not the Summer Exhibition Llewellyn Alexander Gallery, London. June- August 2002

Idle Hours The Ditton Gallery Library, Thames Ditton. 6th-27th March 2005.

Expressions The Dittons Gallery Library, Thames Ditton. 12 July- 2 August 2005.

Studio 54 Gallery Cobham, Surrey. August 2005- February 2007.

The Autumn Fair- Finalist of New Artist Competition NEC, Birmingham. 2-7th September 2005 Sponsored by DeMontfort Fine Art Publishers.

National Acrylic Painters Association International exhibition. Mariners Gallery, St Ives, Cornwall. November 6-18th 2005

1st prize Gold Award Denbies ‘Bacchus Award’ winner for painting ‘The Regret of Temptation’. January 2006

The Furniture Show NEC Birmingham. Painting in situ. January 2006

The Spring Fair NEC Birmingham. Painting in situ. February 2006

Demonstration at Roomes department store, Upminster, Essex. April & June 2006

Solo Show at Denbies Wine Estate Dorking, Surrey. 17th- 23rd July 2006.

Finalist Ken Bromley Art Supplies front cover competition. July 2006

Choyce Gallery, St Albans, Hertfordshire. Exhibition of selected artwork. August 2006- 2010

Miegle Gallery, Perthshire, Scotland. Exhibition of selected artwork. September 2006-October 2006

UK Coloured Pencil Society annual exhibition. Darryl Nantias Gallery, Cambridge. 2nd-30th September 2006.

Highly Commended at National Acrylic Painters Assocation International exhibition. For painting ‘Harbour Life’. Mariners Gallery, St Ives. 2nd-16th November 2006.

The Local Artists annual exhibition, Weybridge Library Hall, Weybridge. 11-12th May 2007

Cobham Art and Craft Fair, Village Hall, Cobham. Every month 2007.

Chiswick Art Fair- Chiswick Town Hall. 4-5th August 2007.

Guildford Calendar winner- Painting ‘Stylish Guildford’ chosen for the Guildford Calendar 2008 Competition. August 2007

Derwent Coloured Pencil Competition winner-Professional Category.

‘The Fruit Basket’. September 2007

UK Coloured Pencil Society annual exhibition- Patchings Art Centre, Nottingham. 15th Sept- 15th Oct 2007. For ‘The Cutlery Drawer’

The Local Artists annual exhibition. Weybridge Library Hall, Weybridge. 5th-6th October 2007.

Derwent Commissions for 2008 catalogue- Using their chalk pastel blocks. October 2007.

UK Coloured Pencil Society Annual Open Exhibition- Birmingham- April 2009

UK Coloured Pencil Society Annual Open Exhibition- Westminster, London 2010

Derwent Commissions for their pencil and pastel tin lids- 2009 to 2012

Oxshott Art Society- September 2011

UK Coloured Pencil Society Annual Open Exhibition- Birmingham- June 2011

Fracturing the Flow- Cranleigh Art Society- Solo Show. Jan 2012

A Little Bit of Everything- Ditton Library Gallery. Solo Show March 2012

St Marys Church Arts Festival- April 2012. Part of the committee and exhibitor.

Cricket Art Prize- Sydney Australia. May 2012 This piece went on tour all around Australia.

Our Great Britain- Ditton Library Gallery. Olympic themed solo show. July 2012

UK Coloured Pencil Society Annual Open Exhibition- London June 2012

3rd place Caran D’Ache Art Competition- Exhibition at Mall Galleries, London May 2014

Art Gallery.co.uk- Artist of the Year Runner Up- December 2015

The Creatives- Denbies Wine Estate. Dorking. Group show which I organised. April 2015

Surrey Artists Open Studios- Capel, Surrey. June 2015

3rd in Bacchus Art Prize- Denbies Wine Estate Gallery, Dorking. Dec 2015

The Art of Tiffany Budd- Solo show. Denbies Wine Estate Gallery, Dorking, Surrey Jan 2016

H G Wells 15th Anniversary art exhibition- March 2016. ‘Red Weed’ shortlisted.

UKCPS 15th Annual Exhibition- London May 2016. Awarded Gold Signature Status for 10 years accepted into the exhibition.

UKCPS 17th Annual Exhibition- May 2018 Stratford on Avon.

The Art of Tiffany Budd- Bourneside Gallery October 2019. Solo show.

Yehudi Mehnuin Theatre- Solo show October 2019

The Art of Tiffany Budd- Solo show at Denbies Wine Estate January 2022

Surrey Artists Open Studios- Solo studio exhibition in June 2016, 2021

International Marine Mammal Project 2020- Winner Professional in their Art Challenge

UKCPS 20th Annual Exhibition- Bankside Gallery, London. 2021

Hilliard Miniature Society- Accepted into the Annual 2021 show in Wells, Somerset.

Royal Miniature Society- Accepted into 2021 show at Mall Galleries, London.

Hilliard Miniature Society- Accepted into the Annual show 2022 in Wells, Somerset.

Surrey Artists Open Studios- Solo studio exhibition June 2022

Fine Art Trade Guild- Winner of Artist Best in Show 2022 in Stratford on Avon. May 2022

Lines and Colours- Solo Show Robert Phillips Gallery. Walton on Thames 2023

Derwent Ambassador- January 2021 continuing

Hilliard Miniature Society- Accepted into Annual show 2023 in Wells

Pastel Society- Accepted into Open Exhibition June 2023. Exhibited at the Mall Galleries. London.

May 2022 I won the Theo Paphitis Small Business Sunday award.
June 2023 I came second in the Dorking Coronation Banner Competition, where my design was made into two banners, hung from lamp posts, on Dorking high street.

Videos