Sarah Chalkie Cloonan

London, Middlesex

I am a London-based artist.

I studied Art at the Byam Shaw School of Art and then at The City and Guilds of London Art School. I enjoy combining my figurative drawings and paintings with colour theory and practical application within commercial and domestic realms.

I was awarded a City and Guilds certificate of Decorative Arts from the principal, Sir Roger de Grey PRA and have worked on numerous interior commissions. During this time, I successfully showed, tutored and sold my screen prints, paintings and drawings in various art shows, including those of the Royal Academy of Art and The Mall Galleries.

More recently, I have expanded my practice and hold:
A distinction from the Royal Society of Portrait Painters and Sculptors for my Diploma in Portraiture.

I have been awarded Merits for both my Graduate Diploma in Art and Design from RCA, and my MA from Goldsmiths education department for Art & Learning.

I also hold an MFA in Painting from Camberwell UAL.

Selected Exhibitions: The Original Picture Shop, London; the Flower Gallery, London. Anna Mei Chadwick, London, 'Art at Work' Art of Business Expo, London, Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, Project Art, London. The Decorative Arts Exhibition, Smith Gallery, London; Heatherley 150th Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London. Royal Overseas League annual Open Exhibition, Menier Gallery, Contemporary figurative Arts, The Affordable Arts Fair, London. Art on Paper Fair, The Lang Art Competition, Mall Galleries, London. Art Ireland. Viv Artist, The Discerning Eye, Chelsea Arts Club. Greatorex Gallery - regroup, Espacio Gallery, “All the frequent troubles of our days” - Four corners Gallery, Hansard Gallery - Regeneration,

Private collections in Australia, Belgium, France, USA, Ireland, UK.

Portraits, life drawing, still life, Landscape, teaching, research and commissions considered

Media

Acrylic, Drawing, Oil, Pencil/Charcoal, Watercolour

Subjects

Flowers or Gardens, Landscape or Woodland Scene, Portrait or Figure, Portraiture, Still Life, workshop

Awards

HEATHERLEYS Diploma in portraiture. (Distinctio…

City and Guilds Certificate in Decorative Arts.

KCC Hnc Fine Art. (Distinction)

RCA Graduate Diploma (Merit)

MA (painting) Camberwell (UAL).

MA Arts & Learning. Goldsmiths. (Merit).