Jayne Bateman

Cheddar, Somerset

A little bit about me ...

I am a lifelong artist and fully qualified homeopath currently based in Cheddar, Somerset. I started exhibiting and selling my work in 2004 and also provide bespoke art tuition to help other artists find and develop their own unique style, as well as providing support through creative and emotional blocks.

The effect of light on nature is what captivates and fascinates me time and time again, in particular capturing energetic sparkling highlights and reflections. My other painting passion is animals, especially birds. I love connecting with them and trying to capture their unique personalities on canvas. I'm often told my paintings are tranquil, relaxing and healing. Whilst I didn't deliberately seek out serenity in my work I can see how it has emerged over the years as I am naturally drawn towards beautiful empty landscapes, or the quietness after a heavy snowfall. I also love creating space within a painting - space to pause, to breathe deeply, space to relax and reflect, space to heal.

Making art can be extremely therapeutic in terms of understanding the past, healing the present and by paying attention to what lights you up today, can show you the way forward to making better and different art for tomorrow.

Please contact me if you have any questions. There is further information about tuition on my website or find me on Instagram - artbythehealingartist.

Media

Acrylics, Back to Basics, Drawing, Gouache, Pencil, Watercolour

Subjects

Flowers, Landscapes, Seascape, Various

Favoured Products & Brands

Faber Castell pencils and polychromos coloured pencils.

Golden Acrylics heavy body and open acrylics